Thursday, May 27, 2010

May 27 Letter

I have my new address at the MTC. Please use this for any letters or packages:

Sister Victoria Pearl Bennion
MTC Mailbox # 234
CA-ANA 0721
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

Life is great I have 2 companions we have a total of 11 people in our district which is all ASL Missionaries. Our branch has a bit more, like 4 districts. Our branch president is fluent in ASL. His name is President Born.

I am really struggling waking up in the morning but I'm getting used to it, hopefully. We don't technically have to be up till 6:30 but depending on the day and what we have going on we are usually up at 6-6:15. I love gym!!!!!! We get an hour of gym every day except Sunday and p-day.

My departure date may change and if is does I'll keep you posted on that, but they say that we won't get that information until about 6 or 7 weeks into our training.

I have discovered how much ASL I don't know because I rely on my English mind way to much. One of my teachers is kind of a tutor more than teacher and he is helping me think of my ASL Vocabulary as concepts because each sign has so many different words in English. So instead of seeing a word when I think of a sign I need to think of a picture or a concept, like cat. Instead of seeing the word cat I need to see a picture of a cat. He is having me take vocabulary and describe the concept to him, and paint a mental picture.

Please don't use my e-mail because I only get 30 min a week but if you want you can use dearelder.com I think time is short. More to come later .

Love you all!
Sister Bennion

No comments: