Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vocabulary Words

One of my biggest pet peeve's is when people insist that they are right after you prove them wrong because they were trying to prove you wrong. Today at work one of my co-workers was telling me a story and I was joking around with them and told them that what was done in the story was considered Thievery. Now two of my co-workers insisted that thievery was not at word and wanted to prove me wrong and so they looked it up right then on the internet and low and behold it is a word and noun to be exact. Anyway after discovering that I was right they insisted that I was using the word incorrectly even though one of the sentences listed with the definitions was very similar to the one I said, and that made me mad so I had to vent!!! I feel better now

Thievery - Is the act or practice or an instance of stealing (As Defined by Merriam Webster)

Now I am extremely surprised by the number of people who think this is not a real word. So this is the vocabulary word for today:


Thievery

No comments: